Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
This qualification underpins the role of a Personal Trainer and is ideal for learners already working in a gym or health and fitness facility.
The diploma allows learners to prove competence through demonstration of their knowledge and skills whilst working with individuals and groups of clients in a work-based personal training setting.
It’s also ideal for those employers wishing to upskill their workforce so they are fully competent in the Health and Fitness workplace.
Learners will cover:
- anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the respiratory system
– structure and function of the skeleton
– musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- designing, managing and adapting a personal training programme
- motivating and communicating effectively with clients
- programming safe and effective exercise for a range of clients
- the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- applying the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- planning, marketing and selling services to clients
- health, safety and welfare.